Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Feather In My Nest

A Robin Feeding A Sparrow!Said the Robin to the Sparrow
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so!"

Said the Sparrow to the Robin
"Friend I think that it must be
That they have no
Heavenly Father
Such as rares for you and Me."
And with this poem by some author unknown, I begin my blog.

I grew up staring at this sweet poem at my grandparents house, so much so that I never realized I had it memorized until much later in life. My Grandpa was a lover of birds. He would go out every morning and throw handfulls of his seed assortment to birds eagerly waiting their morning feast. The birds, after years of this routine, became feathered companions of my grandfather, as they hovered around his feet during this feeding time. I often was alongside him throwing my own handfuls while marveling at the immense flock before me.
Grandpa has long since been in heaven and I've continued on with a love affair of these sweet creatures, feeding them from my own feeders, and watching them with the same amusement my Grandfather did.
I like to think of these memories as adding feathers to my life nest. Along the way I've fluffed this nest of mine with many different sizes of feathers of many different colors and textures. I'm looking forward to sharing and exchanging with you feathers along this journey with love, wonder, humor, and most of all, creativity.
Please come by often and sit in my nest with me and we'll share all sorts of treasures with each other that will help Feather your nest and life as well.

In the meantime, fly on over to my two websites for a perch!

No comments: