Monday, April 8, 2013

Gift Card in Disguise


My niece is getting married soon and some family members threw her a shower over the weekend.  Since it was out of state and I couldn't go, I picked up a gift card to tuck into and envelope to send off.  Of course, in I always say "the packaging is half the gift".  So here's the card and packaging I put together to hide the plastic gift card.
 
I sewed some pretties onto a piece of kraft cardstock, that I vintage stained.
 
Tucked in a sweet sentiment and signed my name and daughter's and daughter in law's. Wrapped a silk ribbon around fold and tied.
 
I placed the gift card in this little burlap sack that I finished off with more pretties including a vintage wedding button, and finished it off with a vintage handkerchief.
 
I then placed the whole process in a cello envelope...
 
...threw in some loose vintage faux pearls...
 
...and tied a teeny vintage bride pattern tag to the top with silk ribbon and seam binding.  All this sweetness wrapped around an ugly plastic gift card...
 
Happy Monday!
xo
xo
Clare
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

debi said...

What a stunning gift card presentation! Thanks for the beautiful idea.