Friday, March 22, 2013

Lemons and Spring!

 
I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! Almost a year! But now I'm back in the world of blogging and so happy to be! I won't even get into all the deets of what I have been doing this past year, it would take about 20 blog pages lol!  So I'll just go from here, today.
 
So I wanted to make this wreath
 I found on Pinterest, the other day. 

http://www.foodista.com/blog/2011/08/20/5-lovely-lemon-home-accents
I just love lemons. Just the look of them is so fresh and cheerful, and they smell so good.
 I had this jar full of fake lemons along with another whole basket. The wreath above may have been made from real lemons, I'm not sure.
 
 
I found this beauty all mangled and crumbly in the clearance section of HomeGoods for super cheap. 
 I'm all for cutting corners when I can and if I can find a decent start to a wreath I grab it.
 I didn't take pics along the way cuz it was so easy, but I just started glue gunning all my fake lemons onto this wreath until it was nice and full.


 
By the time I finished it looked like this. 
So easy!
 
I'm going to run outside and play now in the garden while the sun is shining.
It's supposed to pour again in a few minutes. So I'll probably be able to pull 3 weeds before
I have to run back in! 
 Ahhhh Oregon!
 
I hope you are all having a wonderful day of Spring wherever you may be!
 
xo
xo
clare

1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

Welcome back, Clare! I'm a new follower and I don't remember how I found your blog! I love the lemon wreath...I like to find old wreaths on clearance and redo them and I just happen to have a whole bag of faux lemons! Yay! Great job!

Have a wonderful weekend!

XO,
Jane