Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Clothing Romance!


Oh how I love this photo!
As I watch gray hairs pop up
 here and there on my head,
( I have yet to have to color my
hair, thank goodness!)
I gaze at this picture I have posted
on my "inspire wall"
and think if I could only age as
lovely as she...
But better yet, to age as lovely as she
and pull off that look!


I love this look so much,
I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to it!
But, I fear if I were to don this look,
and run to the store to get milk...
...well let's just say people would think
I had lost my marbles!
Especially here in Oregon!
 
magnoliapearl.com

I am convinced that I would have to live
out in the country somewhere...

 
...or,
I frolick around in my own home
and garden!

 The other day I was in my studio musing,
and decided to make some pieces
to go with my
"secret" garden couture...
                                       
This piece is made from a strip of
an old sheet, silk ribbon, and vintage lace.

When my sweet mother-in-law was visiting a week ago,
she brought a little bounty of
vintage baubles
she no longer wears.
This piece again is of old lace, silk ribbon,
and finished off with a vintage earring.

I put both pieces in my etsy shop as I have
about 5 more on my workbench
I am currently creating.

http://biskopsgarden.blogspot.com/
....alas....
this may someday be my whole closet,
when I'm too old to care
 what people think of
what I'm wearing
out and about!
ha ha!

xo
xo
clare



6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

It's nice to have a great outlook on growing older. I intend to stay fashionable and have the respect and admiration of my children (and grandkids)...hopefully! I like this ladie's style and she would probably love your pieces!

XO,
Janie

Diane said...

I think a lot of us feel exactly the same as you. Love the look, just can't pull it off!

Lorraine said...

Yes, she is a lovely, graciously aged woman, a beautiful look. It is interesting how the jewelry you wear as a younger woman no longer works as a mature woman. But mature women are still interested in looking fashionable, I think that will keep us young. Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a beautiful blog, love seeing all the lovely items you have included, gracious and gorgeous. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
Hugs, Gayle.

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

I love the look... so lovely!
Your newest follower,
~Wendy

Tami Hacker said...

A few moments to enjoy this morning sipping coffee and browsing new blogs... I came across
The Robin and Sparrow... what a beautiful blog!

I'm hooked!

Tami
http://vintageconnections.blogspot.com/