Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Poetry and Romance

I love finding vintage books at all my local vintage digs. I'm usually attracted first to the cover, then the contents! I know that sounds backwards but if I am going to have a book sitting around here in my studio, it needs to fit the look! hee hee. But recently I stumbled on this old vintage book called Lucile.  It is a novel length poem about an English Lord and a French Duke who were wildly in love with the same woman, Lucile. Can it get any more romantic than that?

I submitted this idea to a few large magazines, I'll let you know if they publish it!
Along with collecting vintage books, I love to lend and even give as gifts. So here's my way of getting the book ready to give. I used one of my tiny vintage bottles to tie to the front, added a piece of vintage lace, dried roses, a little French script inside the bottle, and it's all wrapped and ready to give as a sweet gift.  

No comments: