Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our Son's Rehearsal Dinner

My son and his sweet bride married December 18. I thought I was never going to survive this month. My parents came for Thanksgiving and thankfully stayed until after the wedding. They were the biggest help, ever!

Dad and Mom
  So with a house full of people, including our daughter home for Christmas break, we marched through all the incredible details of pulling off a wedding. Since my husband and I were in charge of the rehearsal dinner I rolled up my sleeves and came up with the decorating plan. We rented this wonderful old historical house here in Lake Oswego called "The Heritage House".
The Heritage House
I decorated in the wedding colors of gold and brown using brown burlap runners and gold tablecloths. I made centerpieces using mercury gold glass buckets filled with brown branches that light up by battery, gold holly sprays, tiny gold ornaments and a twig star in the center. Then I tied a sparkly gold bow on each handle. I have yet to find those pics of the details, sorry. Around each centerpiece I displayed vintage bride and groom cake toppers under various glass domes, and on various cake plates.
My son, Susie his bride, and Chris and Ali Nye the best man and maid of honor
It made a beautiful statement. Then I sprinkled tiny glass gold ornaments down the runners. The night was a success and I came home exhausted. Since then I have posted the vintage bride and groom collection on my website because I have absolutely no storage for it. It's a beautiful collection.

This collection is for sale in my vintage shop http://www.intodumpsters.etsy.com/

Here are a few more pictures of the wedding.....

Susie and John

Our daughter Sarah and son John.


The bridesmaids

 The wedding party

First Dance


The Bride




No comments: